Friday, August 7, 2009

Pricing

Clients want to know how much you charge. Whenever meeting a potential client they question the amount for you services. I do not have packages and set prices for 1 simple reason. Every event is not the same so my prices are not set the same. There are things that I will do for one client that I may not do for another. So why should I charge the same amount. Yes, my customer service and quality will be the same whether the customer pays $300 or $3,000. I just do not want to have my clients pay for package services.

This is can be a great debate among creative professionals. I can not charge a client for services they did not want just because it is in a package.

Think about it this way at McDonald's if you want a Big Mac combo it is a set price. Say if you want it without cheese and pickles ... guess what it is still the same price. McDonald's does not deduct from your price when you remove a condiment from a sandwich but if you want to add extra cheese they will then charge you for that. By saying that I am saying that I only charge you for what you want and not what I have already packaged up. I don't sell combos. I sell my time, and talent.


Check out this great blog post by Sean Low!
http://www.thebusinessofbeingcreative.com/2009/07/23/package-does-not-equal-custom/

No comments:

Post a Comment